33

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

32 was a lot of things. It was busy and exhausting. It was exciting and scary. James ran for political office and I took on most of the childcare and household duties, all while working a full time job. I withstood public scrutiny of my husband and tried not to yell at the kids before bedtime.

32 gave me more wrinkles across my face and a few more pounds around my waist. It also reminded me how much I love my friends. This past year, I drank more wine than I probably should have and definitely slept less than recommended. I binge watched plenty of shows and drank 10,000 gallons of coffee.

32 gave me my 10th year teaching and reminded me how lucky I am to have found my teacher soul mate. It also reminded me that I am so much more productive with a to-do list in front of me.

32 showed me that my kids are growing up and with that comes more attitude, sass, and fuller, more meaningful conversations. Plus, they're just so damn cute (that hasn't really changed).

32 made me feel old and young all at once; I now get what Brittney Spears meant when said not a girl, not yet a woman; thanks, girl.

32 brought me my 4th year of living in Maryland, even though my heart still beats for the salty sea breeze and warm sunshine of the West Coast. Not sure that will ever change.

32 was a lot of things.

33 is exciting. For one, I've always liked the number 3 and now I get two of them, woohoo! Second, I'm ready to sink into a new normal; one where James has a full time job and we begin to pay off some debt (thanks student loans!). One where I can reset and focus back in on my health and fitness. One where some of the things I've said I want to do actually happen, including things that make me uncomfortable.

So, 33, here goes nothing. I promise to live this next year to the fullest and to make it a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS