The Update

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So much has happened in our lives over the past month and I know I have gotten to share bits and pieces to some, but I wanted to go ahead and write it all down for family or friends who were interested and wanted the whole story.

So, here it is... the whole story:)

First, James:
James had applied to several PhD programs last fall to study Public Policy and was excited to hear that he not only got into the University of Maryland Baltimore County, but they will pay his entire way. As well, he will be a part-time Research Assistant, which will allot him a small yearly stipend. He is so excited to be a full-time student and to be able to take our kids to school and pick them up everyday.

Me:
After casting the net wide and sending out my resume to what felt like a million schools in search of a teaching position, I heard back from a small hand full. I had some interviews, and eventually was asked to fly out to Maryland to teach a sample lesson at the Severn School (a private k-12 school located right next to the Severn River in MD). Everything went wonderfully and I knew as soon as I stepped into the place that it just felt right. The principal and staff were so welcoming and the class sizes are small. I will have so much freedom to teach how I want and will have a ton of support staff to help out. So, needless to say, I got the job! I will be teaching 5th grade and will start August 18th. The pay is wonderful and turns out, is even better than the current starting pay for Maryland Public Schools. My schedule is great and allows for a ton of time to grade and plan at work so I don't have to do it at home. I will be getting home around 4:00 everyday and even have time in the morning to work out, shower, and see my kids before I leave for work.

Isa:
Isabela will begin Kindergarten in September. I still can't believe it! She will be attending a small public school just minutes away from where we will be living. The school has wonderful ratings and class sizes are no bigger than 18. As well, it is an arts sponsored school, meaning she will have music, art, and language classes throughout the week. As I mentioned above, James will have such a flexible schedule that he will be able to get the kids ready in the morning and take them to school.

Morgan:
Morgan will attend Day Care at the sweetest neighborhood Day Care Center located super close to where we will be living. He will go 3/4 time. As I mentioned, the Day Care is so sweet and small. There will be lots of outdoor time and even Spanish lessons! We are overjoyed about that last part! James will take Morgan to Day Care in the morning after dropping Isa off at school.

The House:
James and I are lucky enough to have the opportunity to rent a beautiful townhouse in Crofton; the same neighborhood James' parents live in. It is such a wonderful suburb, right between DC and Baltimore. James' Uncle owns the home and is giving us a great deal so that we can afford it. It is on a pretty little culdasac and is only a 15-20 minute walk from James' parent's house. We will be right next to Isa's school and close to one of the neighborhood parks. It's located about a block off of a large parkway that is great for running and walking.

Leaving:
I will be leaving Mexico June 23rd and will fly with the kids. James will leave the next day in our car and make the long drive from Mexico City to Maryland. He is lucky enough to have his dad fly down in order to make the drive with him. The car will be packed full of whatever we can fit as well as our dear German Shepherd, Lila.

Summer:
We will stay at James' parent's house when we first arrive and officially move into the townhouse July 1st We will want to paint and do some minor work on the house before we move in, so we will most likely stay with James' parents for the month of July as well. We are looking forward to a hot Maryland summer, filled with days by the river and a week spent on the beach in North Carolina with family. As well, we will get to celebrate Morgan's third birthday over Labor Day Weekend surrounded by family and new friends.

So... that's it... or that's just the beginning:)

Basically we are ridiculously excited about life right now and can't wait to begin this new chapter.

Now for a little throwback to last summer in Maryland


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like life is unfolding just perfectly - I am really happy for all of you. My yoga teacher once said to us, "you are where you are cause you got yourself here." Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! Hope all is well with that adorable baby of yours! Sounds like you are already embracing the crazy awesome wild ride of motherhood head on. Camila sure is a lucky little girl!

      Delete
  2. Awww, Lauren, so awesome! I go back and forth a lot from the West to East Coast so hope to see you somewhere....in this world soon! Much love to you and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Sarah, I would looove to see you at some point! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS