I Want...

Friday, April 17, 2015

I want to be gentle...

But damn it, I just yelled at my kids.

I want to be healthy...

But I just ate that entire bag of popcorn.

I want to have a clean house...

But I decided to go to bed instead of finish the laundry.

I want to exercise...

But I slept in that extra half hour instead of getting up to work out.

I want to be a good teacher...

But I forgot to check that email and bring my students to their test on time.

I want to spend quality time with my husband...

But the kids just won't go to sleep.

I want to buy new clothes...

But it's just not in the budget.

On and on this list could go. I want to be... but then no.

That's how it feels so often. But what if I changed my perspective?

I want to be gentle... so I will pray for patience with my kids.

I want to be healthy... so I will always put a vegetable on my plate.

I want to have a clean house... so I will focus on the pockets of clear floors and less on the piles of laundry.

I want to exercise... so I will start small and congratulate myself throughout the process.

I want to be a good teacher... so I will continue to love on my students and make them feel important.

I want to spend quality time with my husband... so I will snuggle close to him before we fall asleep each night.

I want to buy new clothes... so I will look through my closet at all of the cute things I already have and come up with creative new ways to wear them.

Perspective is everything and God is so much greater than our wants. I think He believes in our best selves... the ones He knows we can be and in many ways, already are.

Anything can be beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS